At Hello Services Ltd (we, us, Hello Services Ltd) we understand that your privacy is very important to you. That’s why we are committed to protecting and respecting the privacy of all users of our websites.
Please read this entire policy carefully. When you are using our website/s, and services, you are agreeing to the practices described below.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 2018 (the Act), the data controller is Hello Services Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales, with registered company number 12004893, whose registered office is 121 Sandycombe Road,Richmond TW9 2AD.
If you find it difficult to understand any part of the privacy or policies below please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our commitment to privacy
Hello Services Ltd has established the following protection principles as guidelines
1. Lawfulness, fairness and transparency of data processing
Your personal data will be collected and processed in a legal, fair, and transparent manner.
2. Purpose and storage limitation
The personal data we collect serves an explicit and a legitimate purpose and will not be stored by us for any longer than is necessary.
3. Data minimisation
Any personal data that we use will be adequate, up to date, and only limited to what is necessary for us and our partners to provide any of the offered services.
The personal data we have on file will be the correct, complete, and updated (if necessary) information that you have personally provided us with. Suitable steps will be taken to ensure that inaccurate or incomplete data is either deleted, corrected, supplemented, or updated.
5. Confidentiality and data security
Your personal data will be treated as confidential, and will be kept secure by taking all suitable organisational and technical measures to prevent unauthorised access, illegal processing and distribution, as well as the accidental loss, modification, or destruction of your personal data.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information that you provide to us, such as your name, address, email address and telephone number, age, username, password and other registration information, financial and bank account information, personal description, information with regards to your business, any information about you or your business that you revealed in photographs which you uploaded to our system or provided to us (or which you permit us to take) and any other information that you choose to volunteer, when you:
– register with us, log in through or when use our App;
– submit while managing your jobs and/or work through our Apps;
– call a client, send a text message, check replies, clock in start and finish time of jobs, change payment method, change the price of a job, upload photos, cross sell, leave a task or a comment in a booking file, or otherwise provide or enter information via our App;
– complete any voluntary surveys we may ask you to participate in from time to time;
– correspond with us by telephone, post or email or via the instant chat function on our websites and our apps (in which case we will keep a record of that correspondence); or
– report any problem with any job whatsoever.
Information that we may collect automatically each time you use any of our apps:
– technical information, including the type of mobile device (“Device”) you use, mobile network information, your mobile operating system and your time zone setting;
– details of your use of our App, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, logs, photos and/or videos, contact details, and other communication data or information, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
We may also use GPS technology or other location technology in connection with our App to determine your current location. This will be the case, for example, if you use the Hello Pros app to manage your jobs (for further details see the End User Licence, which is available in-app). Some of our location-enabled services require your personal data for the feature to work. If you wish to use the particular feature, you will be asked to consent to your data being used for this purpose. You can withdraw your consent at any time by changing your location preferences in the settings menu on your Device.
How we may use your information
We use the information that you give us:
– to administer any account you may have with us;
– to manage your booking or respond to booking enquiry and to arrange the performance of services by your service provider;
– to occasionally provide you with co-branded and joint offerings in the form of products or services and send you occasional emails.
– to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
– to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
– to communicate with you about any comments, complaints, queries or feedback you might have about us or the Services;
– to give you the ability to interact with any service features on our website when you choose to do so, for instance with your online account and all of its features, our real-time chat service, our online booking system, and more;
– to notify you about any changes to our Terms or our Services, to communicate any information about your booking with you and to send you any account-related information and announcements;
– to ensure that content on our websites and our apps is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer and/or device;
– to provide you with information about goods and services we offer that we feel may interest you by post, telephone, SMS or email.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes. You can also exercise this right at any time by accessing the preference centre in your online account or by contacting us using the contact details in paragraph Contact us below.
The General Data Protection Regulation also grants you the rights : to know about and access the information we hold about you, to request changes to your personal information if it is erroneous or misrepresents you in any way and to request a copy of your personal data, ask that we restrict the processing of your personal data, or to have us completely erase it.
Additionally, you can limit the personal information you share. The only way we collect personal information is when you provide it to us voluntary. You can choose to browse some parts of Hello Services Ltd.’ websites without ever, purchasing a service or otherwise submitting personal information to us. Any personal information that is given to us will generally be retained for as long as your account is active or for as long as it is necessary to provide a service or operate our business, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
If you have more questions or you want to exercise any of your rights, contact our team by sending an email to email@example.com. We will then review your request and get back to you within 30 days. You can also reach out to The Information Commissioner’s Office, who will be able to advise you on how to submit a complaint.